Offres de postes
Doctorant(e) sur la projet « Meaning in multiplex: towards a network understanding of psychiatric illness » (Radboud University; deadline : 10 mai 2020)
PhD position “Meaning in multiplex: towards a network understanding of psychiatric illness”
We are looking for a PhD candidate for the research project ‘Meaning in multiplex: towards a network understanding of psychiatric illness’, led by Leon de Bruin. The aim of the project is to analyse the philosophical underpinnings of the recent ‘network turn’ in psychiatry, and to develop a systematic account of psychiatric illness as a relatively stable set of interacting variables in a dynamic multilayer network or ‘multiplex’. You should have a philosophical interest in psychiatry and conceptualisations of mental illness. Since the project will be carried out in collaboration with psychiatrists and translational neuroscientists, you should be capable of engaging with empirical research and have an interdisciplinary attitude.
· A Master’s or equivalent degree in philosophy, with a specialisation in the philosophy of science or philosophy of mind.
· Proficiency in academic English.
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with good organisational and communication skills.
· A keen interest in psychiatry and interdisciplinary research.
· Employment: 32 – 40 hours per week.
· The gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to
€2,972 in the fourth (and fifth) year (salary scale P).
· In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
· Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years (or 3.5 years if the contract will be for 32 hours).
· The intended start date is 1 September 2020.
· You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
· Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
How to apply
To apply, please visit https://www.ru.nl/werken-bij/vacature/details-vacature/?%20recid=1099021&doel=embed&taal=nl. Here you also find a link to the project description. The deadline for applications is May 10, 2020.